How to Participate in an LCG Council MeetingParticipation in local government produces better outcomes and promotes good governance.
Email or Phone the Council
- Submit your comments via e-mail to DoNotSpeakCM@lafayettela.gov
- In your message, you must identify which Council meeting agenda you are calling about
(City or Parish), then include the agenda item number, your name and your position (for or
- Emails must be received prior to 5:00pm the day of the meeting
- Citizens still have the option to reach out to their individual Council Member(s)
- Public comments will be received via telephone at (337) 291-8428
- To prevent a backlog, staff will begin taking calls at 2:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting
- You must call in prior to the reading of the agenda item to be recognized
When calling, only give your name, a call back number, and the agenda item
- Once the applicable agenda item is read during the meeting, you will be called to speak, in
the order that your request was received
- The 5-minute rule will apply to hear you.
Appear in Person
You can appear in person, fill out a blue card indicating your position of Parish council agenda item [INSERT AGENDA ITEM HERE] but you do not wish to speak, and give it to the city council clerk.
2020 Council Meeting Schedule
The Lafayette Parish Council & Lafayette City Council Meetings will be held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month.
Parish Council meetings are scheduled to start at 5:00pm and City Council meetings are scheduled to start at 6:00pm
READY TO JOIN?
We are an inclusive community of action and diverse thinkers. The opportunities to learn and make an impact are plentiful.