The U.S. House will be voting on passage of H.R. 4, the Voting Rights Advancement Act, the morning of Friday, December 6. H.R. 4 will modernize and repair the Voting Rights Act of 1965 (VRA) after the Supreme Court gutted sections of the law in 2013. The League has sent memos to Congress and joined coalition partners on a letter urging them to vote yes on final passage. Please take a moment to reach out to your Representative today and urge them to vote yes on this historic bill.
- December 5th Lafayette Parish Election Information
- Election Night Around the Country 2020 – Non-Partisan Election Reforms
- Pandemic transforms some Americans into voting rights activists in raft of lawsuits
- November 3rd Lafayette Parish Election Information
- ACTION! FINAL VOTE FOR EARLY VOTING AT MLK CENTER